Fairfield County is located in the southwestern corner of Connecticut and is considered part of the New York metropolitan area. The county is home to many affluent suburbs of New York City, as well as several major corporations. Fairfield County has a population of over 916,000 people, and its largest city is Stamford.
There are many things to do in Fairfield County Connecticut. The county is home to numerous parks, museums, and other attractions, all year round. So, if you are planning a trip to our city, we have put together a mini-guide to help you decide what to do while you’re around:
Visit the Beardsley Zoo: The Beardsley Zoo is located in Bridgeport and is the only zoo in Connecticut. The zoo has over 300 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears.
Take a Hike: Fairfield County is home to many different trails that offer scenic views of the area. Some of the most popular trails include the Norwalk River Valley Trail and the Ridgefield Rail Trail.
The Darien Nature Center is a great place to learn about the area’s ecology and offers hiking trails, canoe rentals, and educational programs for children. The New Canaan Nature Center is a beautiful place to take a nature hike, and also offers classes on gardening and bird watching.
Visit a Museum: There are several museums in the county, including the Bruce Museum, the Stamford Museum, Nature Center, and the New Canaan Historical Society.
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Fairfield County. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the area’s natural history, as well as a planetarium and a working farm.
Explore a Park: Fairfield County is home to many parks, including Sherwood Island State Park, Bartlett Arboretum and Gardens, and Stamford’s Cove Island Park. You will also find several town beaches in the area, perfect for a summer day.
Visit a Historic Site: There are many historic sites in Fairfield County, including the homes of Mark Twain and Harriet Beecher Stowe, as well as the site of the Battle of Stamford during the Revolutionary War.
The Battle of Stamford was a major turning point in the war, and you can learn all about it at the Stamford Historical Society. The society also features a museum with exhibits on the area’s history.
Visit a Winery: The county is home to several vineyards and wineries, including the Bannerman Castle Vineyard, the Darien Wine Company, and the Silvermine Tavern Vineyard.
You will get the chance to learn about the wine-making process, and taste some of the area’s best wines, like the Chardonnay, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Visit a Brewery: The county is home to several breweries, including the Stamford Brewing Company, the New Canaan Brewing Company, and the Two Roads Brewing Company.
You will get to tour the brewery, learn about the brewing process, and sip on some of the area’s best craft beer.
Taste our cuisine: There are also many great places to eat in Fairfield County Connecticut. The county is home to a variety of restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Some of the most popular places to eat in Fairfield County Connecticut include Zuni’s Pizzeria & Cafe in Stamford, The Spread in Greenwich, and Barcelona Wine Bar in Westport. You will find many different types of cuisine in our county, including Italian, French, Japanese, and American.
Do some shopping: After such an amazing meal, you’re going to want to do some shopping. Luckily, Fairfield County has you covered. There are a variety of shops, ranging from high-end boutiques to local farmers’ markets.
Some of the most popular places to shop in Fairfield County Connecticut include The Stamford Town Center, The Westport Farmer’s Market, and Greenwich Avenue.
Here you’ll find lovely souvenirs to take home with you, as well as local produce and handmade goods.
Book tickets to a festival: One of the best things about living in Fairfield County is the abundance of festivals. There is something for everyone, whether you’re into art, music, or food.
Some of the most popular festivals in Fairfield County include The Greenwich Food & Wine Festival, The New Canaan Summer Sidewalk Sale, and The Ridgefield Playhouse’s SummerFest.
Have Some Fun: If you are looking for a more active vacation, there are plenty of things to do in Fairfield County that will get your heart pumping.
You can go hiking or biking in one of the many parks, such as Squantz Pond State Park or Rocky Glen Park. If you are a fan of golf, you will be happy to know that there are several great courses in the area, including the Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course and the Tashua Knolls Golf Course.
Check out this video by the Fairfield County Chamber for some more useful tips:
As for preparing for your trip, here is a top-five checklist that you should definitely tick before leaving:
- Buy plane tickets way ahead: This is one of the most important aspects of planning a trip. The sooner you buy your tickets, the cheaper they will be.
- Make a list of places you want to see and things you want to do: This will help you plan your days so that you can make the most of your time in Fairfield County. You already have a list of some amazing places to visit and things to do, so start planning!
- Look for accommodation online: If you are looking for a place to stay in Fairfield County, there are many great options. You can choose from hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, and vacation rentals. Some of the most popular places to stay include The Inn at Fairfield Beach, The Delamar Greenwich Harbor, and The Bedford Post Inn.
- Book your ground transportation in advance: If you plan on doing any special sightseeing with style, you should try once to hire a professional Connecticut Car Service. This will ensure that you have a stress-free vacation. You will be assigned a driver who will take you wherever you need to go, and they will also be able to provide you with information about the area. That way, you will make sure to visit all the best spots in Fairfield County, without worrying about getting caught in traffic or finding a parking spot!
- Take your camera with you: You’re about to create amazing memories, so don’t forget to document them!
There are many things to do in Fairfield County Connecticut. This guide just scratches the surface of all the different attractions that the county has to offer. So, whether you are looking for a place to take a nature hike, or you want to learn about the area’s history and culture, you will be sure to find something that interests you in Fairfield County.
Karen works for a big hedge fund, she’s awesome with numbers and loves what she does, but above all – she loves traveling. Whenever she’s on the road, she tries to get into the gritty tiny details of every location she explores.