New York is a great place to visit any time of year, but there’s something special about the city in summer. The weather is warm and inviting, perfect for exploring all that New York has to offer. If you’re planning a trip to the Big Apple this summer, here are 10 of the best sights to see:
- Niagara Falls – A must-see for first-time visitors to New York, Niagara Falls is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the state. The falls are located on the Niagara River between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, and they offer a stunning natural backdrop for summertime fun. There are several viewpoints from which to view the falls, and there are also a number of interactive attractions, such as the Maid of the Mist boat ride and the Cave of the Winds.
- The Adirondack Mountains – New York’s Adirondack Mountains offer a beautiful setting for summertime activities. The mountains are home to numerous hiking trails, camping sites, and lakes, making them the perfect destination for a nature getaway. There are also several quaint towns located within the Adirondacks, such as Lake Placid and Saranac Lake, that offer a variety of shops, restaurants, and lodgings.
- Coney Island – Coney Island is one of New York’s most iconic summertime destinations. Located in Brooklyn, Coney Island is home to the world-famous Cyclone roller coaster, as well as the iconic Nathan’s Famous hot dog stand. The beach at Coney Island is also a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and people-watching.
- Central Park – New York’s Central Park is a must-visit for anyone spending time in the city during the summer months. The park is home to a variety of attractions, including the Central Park Zoo, the Belvedere Castle, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Central Park is also a great place to take a leisurely stroll, go for a run, or just enjoy the outdoors.
- The Hamptons – The Hamptons are a group of beautiful seaside towns located on Long Island’s South Fork. The Hamptons are known for their luxurious beach homes, upscale shops, and fine dining. Visitors to the Hamptons can enjoy a variety of activities, such as golfing, tennis, fishing, and sailing.
- Bear Mountain State Park – Bear Mountain State Park is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of New York City. The park also has a number of beautiful hiking trails, as well as the Bear Mountain Zoo. Other attractions at Bear Mountain State Park include the Perkins Memorial Tower and the Bannerman Castle.
- Saratoga Springs – Saratoga Springs is a popular summertime destination for New Yorkers. The city has a diverse range of stores, restaurants, and museums, as well as the world-famous Saratoga Race Course. Outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, and horseback riding are also available to visitors to Saratoga Springs.
- Lake George – Lake George is a beautiful lake located in upstate New York. The lake is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing, and there are also a number of scenic hiking trails located nearby. Visitors to Lake George may also participate in a variety of other activities, such as golfing, shopping, and sightseeing.
- The Catskills – The Catskills are a group of mountains located in upstate New York. The Catskills have a wide range of outdoor activities, including trekking, camping, and fishing. There are also a number of quaint towns located within the Catskills, such as Woodstock and Phoenicia, that offer a variety of shops, restaurants, and lodgings.
- Buffalo – Buffalo is the largest city in upstate New York. The city is home to a number of professional sports teams, as well as the world-famous Niagara Falls. Buffalo is also a great place to enjoy a variety of cultural attractions, such as the Albright-Knox Art Gallery and the Buffalo Zoo.
What to Eat and Where
There are endless things to see and do in New York City, so it can be tough to narrow down your options. Get back to the list above and create your own list of top sights to take in while you’re in New York. All this visiting will make you hungry, so here are some of the best places to eat in New York City:
- Peter Luger Steak House – Peter Luger Steak House is a legendary steakhouse located in Brooklyn. The restaurant has been serving up delicious steaks since 1887 and is widely considered to be one of the best steakhouses in the world.
- Delmonico’s – Delmonico’s is another iconic steakhouse located in New York City. The restaurant has been serving up delicious steaks since 1837 and is one of the oldest restaurants in the city.
- Keens Steakhouse – Keens Steakhouse is a historic steakhouse located in Manhattan. The restaurant has been serving up delicious steaks since 1885 and is one of the most popular steakhouses in the city.
If you’re in the mood for a drink after all of this delicious cuisine, here are the finest bars in New York City to visit:
- The Dead Rabbit Grocery and Grog – The Dead Rabbit Grocery and Grog is an award-winning bar located in Manhattan. The bar specializes in Irish whiskey and serves up a variety of delicious cocktails.
- Employees Only – Employees Only is a speakeasy-style bar located in Manhattan. The bar serves up a variety of delicious cocktails and is known for its friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.
- PDT (Please Don’t Tell) – PDT (Please Don’t Tell) is a secret speakeasy-style bar located in Manhattan. The bar serves up a variety of delicious cocktails and is known for its secretive atmosphere.
To make the most out of your trip to New York, you will have to make some good pre-trip planning. This includes deciding when to come, what attractions to visit, and where to stay. Keep reading for more tips on how to plan the perfect trip to New York City.
When to Visit
The best time to visit New York City is during the summer months of June through August. The weather is warm and sunny, making it ideal for outdoor activities. However, keep in mind that summer is also the busiest time of year, so you may have to deal with large crowds at popular attractions.
If you want to avoid the crowds but still enjoy good weather, consider visiting New York during the shoulder season of April through May or September through October. The weather is still pleasant during these months, but there are fewer tourists.
How to Get Around
If you’re planning on doing a lot of sightseeing for a special occasion like a Honeymoon, after all, you’re in NYC baby – you should go for a professional New York Limo & Car Service to get you from one point of interest to the other without any fuss. It can be very overwhelming trying to figure out the best way to get around New York City, but with a designated chauffeur, you can just relax and enjoy the ride.
Where to Stay
There is no shortage of hotels in New York City, but that doesn’t mean they’re all created equal. Do some research ahead of time to find the perfect hotel for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that location is important – you’ll want to be close to the sights you want to see.
Planning the perfect trip to New York City can be daunting, but it’s also exciting. With a little bit of planning, you can make sure you have a trip that you’ll never forget. So start planning your NYC vacation today!
Alex is a computer geek, programmer, who loves traveling. Not the usual mix, but Alex is always with his laptop – no matter how high the mountain he’s hiking on. On every peak he reaches, he writes a story that captures it all.