- Ellis Island received $26 million dollars from the Economic Recovery Plan, which will help restore a century-old building your immigrant ancestors probably walked through.
- Buttermilk Channel will serve bacon roasted almonds and its famous homemade pickles at the Court Street Fair this Sunday, May 3, in front of the restaurant.
- Brooklyn Food Conference commences tomorrow, May 2, with a New Orleans-style procession band, green expo, kids programs, urban aquaculture, milk, and local farmer workshops, and of course, good grub.
- A new 19th-century-style saloon called Dutch Kills in Long Island City is replete with charming swagger and organic pub eats from nearby Sage General Store.
- P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center will now stay open until 9:00p.m. for Warm Up music events.
How to get there: All locations are accessible by public transportation. Use Hopstop for specific directions.
Photo: Courtesy of Hetty51
The co-founder and editor-at-large at offMetro, Lauren is a sustainable travel specialist and freelance journalist with frequent bylines in National Geographic, Bicycling Magazine and Shape. Follow Lauren’s adventures at @laurenmati.