· The Stone Barns Center’s Annual Harvest Fest on Saturday will include live music, a farmer’s market, hayrides, games, adult workshops on cooking and gardening run by on-site farmers and Blue Hill chefs, and a seasonal pie bake-off to be judged by New York Times food columnists. [stonebarnscenter.org]
· Voyage of the IPA and Astoria Suds top off NY Craft Beer Week Festival this weekend. [oM]
· Enjoy bluegrass music under clear blue skies at last on Saturday at Governors Island when the Pig Island festival takes over with food like smoked pork, porchetta sandwiches, maple bacon sticky buns, Vietnamese pork soup, and Sixpoint Craft Ales’ limited-release Pilsner and a seasonal Pumpkin Saison. [pigisland.com]
· When it’s raining again on Sunday, spend a few hours indoors viewing “Working Stiffs: Photography from the Collection” an exhibit exploring the history of hard labor in the 19th and 20th centuries. [queensmuseum.org]
· Attend the 6th Annual Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair in DC’s Adams Morgan neighborhood where you can find hundreds of talented vendors showcasing everything from eco-friendly clothing and wares to punk-rock baby clothes to handcrafted jewelry and avant-garde art.
Photo: Courtesy of PIP