· Enjoy specials on Latin inspired cuisine and cocktails from June 8th-12th during the Gourmet Latino Festival at participating restaurants, including Hoboken hot spots Cucharamama Restaurant, Zafra, Ultramarinos, Fonda and Palo Santo in Brooklyn, and Gabbana in Corona, NY, plus additional activities. [gourmetlatinofestival.com]
· Visit Brooklyn Flea on Sunday, June 6th, to check out personal items of iconic potter and interior designer, Jonathan Adler, while listening to tunes of Scottish Pop Band Camera Obscura. The event will take place at 1 Hanson Pl. (at Flatbush Ave.) in Williamsburg from 2-4pm. [brooklynflea.com]
· The Brooklyn Historical Society has opened the “Home Base: Memories of the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field” exhibit to allow Dodgers fans the chance to experience highly valued memerobelia from the baseball team’s heydey, notably the banner from the team’s 1955 World Series win! The event, located at 128 Pierrepont Street in Brooklyn Heights, will extend until April 24, 2011. [brooklynhistory.org]
· Celebrate Storm King Art Center’s 50th anniversary with two one-of-a-kind exhibitions, “5+5: New Perspectives” and “The View from Here: Storm King at Fifty,” including sculptures specifically crafted for the event. The festivities, set within the 500 acres in Mountainville, NY, start June 5th and can be reached via bus from Port Authority. [stormking.org]
· Peruse handcrafts of over 300 of NY’s finest indie-craft talents, attend one of the free workshops or simply enjoy the free entertainment at the 6th Annual Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn, June 5 & 6 from 11am-7pm in McCarren Park! [renegadecraft.com]
· Brooklyn’s 13th annual International Film Festival will debut over 100 film premieres from all over the world, from June 4th-13th at indieScreen and Brooklyn Heights Cinema for a mere $10, $8 for students. [brooklynfilmfestival.org]
· Enjoy the Red Hook Fest, a free waterfront arts festival featuring a diverse mix of progressive performers, at Coffey Park on June 4th, and Louis J. Valentino Jr. Park & Pier on June 5th. [redhookfest.com]
Annie is a travel writer, environmentalist, and surfer based in Venice, CA. She heads up our West Coast team, keeps our grammatical errors in check, and makes sure our California writers always have a plan for their next adventure. Follow Annie’s travels @annelisemcb.