- When it’s winter outside, what’s better than a little bowling, some funky live music, and DMC (yup, of Run-D.M.C.)? [BrooklynBowl.com]
- Scratch that, there is something better: An old-fashioned chili cook-off with Brooklyn Brewery beers, bluegrass, and a zero waste policy. [3rdWard]
- This rainy Oscar weekend, grab a seat at the Landmark Loew’s Jersey Theater, now showing Bogart and Bacall: Back on the Big Screen. [LoewsJersey.org]
- Brooklyn’s favorite bar and flower shop has something for everyone this weekend between standup comedy night, The Thigh-Highs rock ‘n’ pop performance, and the Underground Jazz Series. [sycamorebrooklyn.com]
- Brooklyn Historical Society’s Brooklyn Baseball film series continues Sunday afternoon with “The Jackie Robinson Story.” [BHS.org]
- The Brooklyn Kitchen is hosting a Booze and Schmooze benefit tonight for the City Reliquary; it’s going to be a doozy. [cityreliquary.org]
- Before Black History Month comes to a close, consider visiting the Apollo Theater, Louis Armstrong House, the Harlem Fine Arts Series, or Brooklyn Museum’s new exhibit, “Lorna Simpson: Gathered.” [louisarmstronghouse.org]
The co-founder and editor-at-large at offMetro, Lauren is a sustainable travel specialist and freelance journalist with frequent bylines in National Geographic, Bicycling Magazine and Shape. Follow Lauren’s adventures at @laurenmati.