- A 2.5-acre lawn and 1,300-foot esplanade will be the first portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park to open on Monday after more than 20 years of planning. [gothamist]
- Planet Earth: Shallow Seas 4-D Experience opens at the New York Aquarium on March 20. [nyaquarium.com]
- The café Stumptown Coffee Roasters from Dutch-founded Red Hook (or Roode Hoek) has something brewing in Amsterdam. [TMag]
- Aloft will open a hotel in Brooklyn this year. [hotelsmag]
- Starting this Tuesday, Berry Street in Brooklyn will be the new barbecue hangout: welcome Fatty ‘Cue. [UrbanDaddy]
- Locavores are buzzing with glee now that New York has lifted the ban on beekeeping. [aol]
- In addition to Amtrak, the MTA is now considering adding wi-fi on all trains. [ny1]
Photo: Courtesy of Flickr
The co-founder and editor-at-large at offMetro, Lauren is a sustainable travel specialist and freelance journalist with frequent bylines in National Geographic, Bicycling Magazine and Shape. Follow Lauren’s adventures at @laurenmati.
The New York Aquarium’s 4D experience is not to be missed!