We are gathered here today to reflect on 2010, a year spent being preoccupied with our tech gizmos rather than our environment and the people around us. In 2011, let us make an oath to getting to know each other again without the electronics, to doing something wildly old-fashioned like handwriting letters, and to exploring places outside of our comfort zones—and offManhattan!
Here are 11 offbeat oM stories from 2010:
- Have Dog, Will Travel: 7 Pet–Friendly Getaways Near NYC
- A Self-Guided Graffiti Tour of Brooklyn Part II.
- A Raw Deal: Where to Get a Food Facial in Philadelphia
- The Eight NYC Bridges You Should (and should not) Bike Over
- Vine Time: A Guide to Long Island’s North Fork Wineries
- The 17 Best Camping Sites Near NYC
- A Romantic Getaway to New York’s Finger Lakes Region
- Off Season Adventures: Things to Do in Block Island
- What a Growing Locavore Movement Looks Like: Things to Do in the Berkshires
- Snowy Seasides: 6 Winter Beach Getaways Near NYC
- The Anti-Holiday Travel Guide: 5 Quick Getaways from NYC