1. Indoor Activities Relax at a spa castle in Queens, or go horseback riding in the Bronx.
2. Bars with Fireplaces Grab a drink, bring a Scrabble game, and enjoy a crackling fire at Black Rabbit Bar or Black Mountain Wine House.
3. Thanksgiving Cooking Class Learn how to make Turducken and three home-made stuffings at Urban Kitchen in Hoboken.
4. Fall on the Farm Choose from seven enriching family-friendly activities at Stone Barns Center during this annual event.
5. Cozy Cafes Hand hug a warm cup of coffee in an off the brewed path spot.
6. Beer & Wine Festival Stay in a snug lodge and cheers to the festivities at Holiday Valley ski resort.
7. A Holiday Shopping Getaway Visit a charming bed and breakfast and get free money and transportation for New England outlet shopping.
8. Grand Army Plaza Greenmarket Pick up some fresh fare on Sunday and nibble on free sweets after the Apple Pie Bake-off at 10am.
Photo: Courtesy of Black Rabbit Bar