· The NYC Jazz Festival runs now through June 26, and includes music legends Roy Hargrove, Herbie Hancock, João Gilberto, and McCoy Tyner, as well as newer talent like Anat Cohen, Chris Botti, and Esperanza Spalding. [nycjazzfest.org]
· Whether you’ve got World Cup or indie music fever, there are at least two reasons to head to Brooklyn Bowl this weekend. [bkbowl.com]
· Need last-minute ideas for Father’s Day? Check out oM’s Father’s Day guide for activities in NYC. [oM]
· Bring the free-spirited little ones to the Imagination Playground Pop-Up Tour, stopping in playgrounds throughout each NYC borough, beginning with Bloomingdale Park in Staten Island this weekend. [nycgovparks.org]
· Mark your calendar for the 5th Annual Providence Restaurant Weeks July 11-24. [goprovidence.com]
· Get your biking butt in gear by signing up ahead of time—you’ll save $5 and get a cool T-shirt—for the scenic Long Island Harbors Ride next weekend. [bikenewyork.org]
The co-founder and editor-at-large at offMetro, Lauren is a sustainable travel specialist and freelance journalist with frequent bylines in National Geographic, Bicycling Magazine and Shape. Follow Lauren’s adventures at @laurenmati.