· Attend the New York Photo Festival with a free Leica M9. [nyphotofestival.org]
· Governors Island opens June 5, and the event calendar is now open to the public. [govisland.com]
· Hop on Eat Well Guide’s bike tour of three NYC greenmarkets this Saturday morning. [BrooklynBased]
· Lend a hand at ‘It’s My Park’ day this Saturday—while enjoying capoeira. [prospectpark.org]
· Celebrate the Noguchi Museum’s 25th anniversary this weekend with free admission, a sculpting workshop, interactive tours, and a raffle. [noguchi.org]
· Tune into the month-long Jazz: Brooklyn’s Beat in June, which’ll showcase (mostly free) events at places like the Prospect Park Zoo, Grand Army Plaza, and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. [heartofbrooklyn.org]
Photo: Courtesy of Jesse Jacobs
The co-founder and editor-at-large at offMetro, Lauren is a sustainable travel specialist and freelance journalist with frequent bylines in National Geographic, Bicycling Magazine and Shape. Follow Lauren’s adventures at @laurenmati.