· The Figment Festival returns to Governors Island with grass couches and zany interactive exhibits June 11-13—but first the event will make a new stop in Boston on June 5. [figmentproject.org]
· If you like salsa music, free admission to cultural institutions, and mingling with local artists and authors, check out the Brooklyn Museum’s 2nd annual Eco Fair on Saturday. [BrooklynBased]
· Randall’s Island got a new 40-tree orchard this week that will be fruitful and multiply sometime in 2015. [gothamist]
· The Lucky Rice Asian Food Festival is already underway, and will be followed by its own restaurant week at 20 venues, including Zenkichi in Williamsburg. [luckyrice.com]
· The University District’s Dining Days will now stretch your prix-fixe appetite for two weeks this summer July 15-29. [philly.com]
· For the Kentucky Derby, Floyd in Brooklyn will have $5 Mint Juleps and a prize for the best hat; Union Hall will have backwards bocce and a cookout. [newyorker]
· The much anticipated Le Meridien Philly is reported to open as early as May. [hotelchatter]
The co-founder and editor-at-large at offMetro, Lauren is a sustainable travel specialist and freelance journalist with frequent bylines in National Geographic, Bicycling Magazine and Shape. Follow Lauren’s adventures at @laurenmati.