- For shoppers fond of one-of-a-kind finds, the Spring Craft Market is the place to be this weekend. Come for the 60 odd indie artisans and stay for the live music at the Brooklyn Lyceum.
- If you’re not riding in the TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour, at least come out to Brooklyn Bridge Park for the event’s inaugural Five Boro Bike Fest, fit for families and beginner bikers alike. Learn key bike repair tips and enjoy live entertainment and prizes all for free.
- The TAP New York Craft Beer and Food Festival kicks off the festivities at Hunter Mountain on Saturday with a top notch spread of local and international brews. Urban Sherpa has a day trip bus package with pick ups at several NYC locations, for $94, which includes your Tap Pass.
- Enjoy brunch in the newly opened garden at iCi in Fort Greene.
- The Saratoga Springs Mardi Gras Festival includes Cajun cook-offs, live jazz, crafts, a kids tent, an “Arti Gras” and more this Saturday, April 30.
- If drinking beer while biking is more your style, hop on The Bike Brooklyn Beer Blitz with Levys Unique NY tours this Sunday, May 1 from 12-4pm.
- Fly a kite with the family at Socrates Sculpture Park this Saturday.
- The Earth Month celebrating continues with the Queens Botanical Gardens’ Arbor Day Festival on Sunday, May 1.
- Sycamore Flowershop and Bar hosts Swing-a-Ling this Sunday, featuring vintage Jamaican sounds outdoors from 7-11pm.
Photo: Courtesy of Mike Pick